[BUG] Hefftor Linux XFCE 2021-06-26 fails to boot with UEFI, default option

The systemd-boot entry for the default option uses a wrong combination oflinux and initrd options.

File /loader/entries/archiso-x86_64-linux.conf in the ISO has been added below.
The last initrd line loads the initramfs for the zen kernel instead of the regular one which is being used.

#
# SPDX-License-Identifier: GPL-3.0-or-later

title   Hefftorlinux install medium (x86_64, UEFI)
linux   /arch/boot/x86_64/vmlinuz-linux
initrd  /arch/boot/intel-ucode.img
initrd  /arch/boot/amd-ucode.img
initrd  /arch/boot/x86_64/initramfs-linux-zen.img
options archisobasedir=arch cow_spacesize=4G archisolabel=hefftorlinux-xfce-v2021-06-26 driver=free nouveau.modeset=1 radeon.modeset=1 i915.modeset=1

I am unable to boot into this particular option. I believe that this mismatch is the reason why the the boot process fails for me. To the best of my knowledge, an initramfs is generated specific to a kernel, and one cannot mix and match them.

After checking the ISO files, I realized the initramfs for the regular kernel is missing. So changing the linux option line to use the zen kernel should do the trick. In fact, that is how I fixed my ISO to try out the live cd with the UEFI, default option.

Just as an additional note, you can use the other boot options (safe display mode, and nonfree nvidia drivers) to boot successfully.

your right this should be vmlinuz-linux-zen thanks will fix and run another build. bit of a n oversite on my side